Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Paging Secretary Kaus

Leading with the chin!

Last week, after John Kerry proposed creating a "Department of Wellness," Mickey Kaus posited that what Kerry really needs is a Department of F***ing Perspective. Speaking of someone in need of a little perspective, Jay Leno has been talking politics with Nikki Finke at LA Weekly (Drudge linked earlier today). Sadly, Leno comes off as, um, not all that smart. Some excerpts:
Nikki Finke: The media seems to only present the Republican spin and to not present the other side of what’s going on.

Jay Leno: I believe the media is in the pocket of the government, and they don’t do their job. They have people like Michael Moore who do it for them.
I'm sorry, did these people not get the f***ing MEMO?!
Nikki Finke: You do believe that the media is in the pocket of the government?

Jay Leno: Yeah, I think to a certain extent. For example, I can watch TV news. If I don’t like that, I have the option of going to the Internet and picking up what may be fact, may be rumor, may be just raw footage. But at least I have the ability to seek out and get news now where I want to get it, which I never could. Unless you’re lazy, as most Americans are, you really can get any news you want. Go on the Internet and get raw footage from Iraq right now, because some guy is broadcasting what they don’t want you to see.
But wait, there's moore...er, more:
Jay Leno: ...And I said to the audience in the warm-up, “You know, Michael Moore is on the show tonight.” Boos. “You know this is America, and it’s free speech. If you don’t like it, please don’t boo. Please be quiet. Or if you want to applaud, you can applaud. But the guy made a movie. Just be polite.” [Emphasis added.]
UPDATE: Disappointed Jay Leno fans, take heart! He comes off so dense and out of touch with reality that the entire interview is likely a forgery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home