Friday, September 03, 2004

Hat Tip: Me

In case you live in Florida and you haven't heard, there's a hurricane coming your way. No, not the same one that knocked down a bunch of houses a few weeks ago. A different one, you idiot.

Just wanted to give you a heads-up. Because if your house gets blown down and I hadn't said anything, I would feel partially responsible.

The point is now you can't sue me, suckers.

And although I've never been in a hurricane before, I'd recommend putting cheap plywood over your windows and using some spray paint to write a message to the hurricane, because apparently hurricanes, like Santa Claus, stop to read them. (Maybe the hurricane will even write you back! But don't be fooled by a note from the hurricane in your mom's handwriting.) Messages to the hurricane that have also been uttered by John Kerry in the past month get extra credit!*

Frances

*Hey, it's helped him, hasn't it? (Hat tip: uh...everyone?)

*Update: John Kerry tells Floridians not to panic; "Hurricane Frances is only a 'smear,' not really a tropical storm with hurricane-force winds. At least that's what my staff tells me. Personally, I believe otherwise..."

2 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

Do you think Kerry's message would stop earthquakes?

12:31 AM  
Blogger The Casual Observer said...

I don't know, but that would sway this swing voter!

Kerry: "I have a plan to prevent natural disasters. It's on my website."

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home